In this first part of a 2 part series on regression and gut problems. I want to talk to you about kids who tend to cycle or recycle through digestive problems and just are not improving in autism treatment. What I’ve seen over the years is that many kids on the spectrum obviously have yeast and bacterial imbalances, many times a lot of food sensitivity problems as well that tend to be a major contributing factor to their Autistic characteristics and their ability to move beyond it.
Types of Dietary Therapies in Autism Treatment
And when therapies like dietary therapies, whether it’s the low oxalate diet, the specific carbohydrate diet, the gluten casein free diet, yeast diets, or a blend of those diets, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal therapies, and benefits are seen and then lost and this cycle continues over and over and over and you as a parent, caregiver just pulling your hair out trying to figure out how do we ever get control of the yeast, how do we ever get control of the bacteria? It doesn’t matter what kind of diet we do, we move three steps forward and two steps back. In my experience, being a physician in the biomedical field now since 1998, in the vast majority of those types of kids who engaged in autism treatment, they have a true underlying inflammatory bowel disease condition.
And what happens is I think more kids on the spectrum have it than are being diagnosed or even recognized. And we get improvement when we reduced bowel toxins. I mean you essentially reduce bowel toxicity from yeast and bacteria or parasites, you improve bowel function by the release of fecal matter and that helps to excrete metabolic waste. We, for a period of time in autism treatment, get an improvement in digestive function with less toxic absorption of mal-digested food and we’re going to get an improvement in the child. Whether it’s improved behavior, improved attention, improved concentration, improved sociability, sometimes even improvement in language and it lasts for a period of time until something goes wrong. They get sick again, change in the weather, change in the seasons, whatever it may be and we’re back to square one.
- Autism Treatment
- Autism Recovery – Clostridia Difficile and Clostridia Bacteria Toxicity in Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism