Heavy Metals and Hair Analysis in Autism Treatment Part 2
As a continuation of the first video, now we will go deeper into a discussion on hair analysis as autism treatment. So what is the hair analysis? The hair analysis is a screening assessment for heavy metal exposure. It generally gives an idea about what metals have been exposed to in the past and really what is in circulation and body tissues, let’s say minimally over the past 10 – 12 weeks. Although the exposure certainly could have been done or come about some time ago. So when you see something being excreted in the hair it is an indication that metal was at some point in time at a high level and the body is making an attempt to get rid of it. So it is a test of exposure. It doesn’t tell you specifically where the heavy metal is or how much is really in the body.
There has been talk about hair analysis with respects to mercury that if you are not seeing mercury show up in a hair analysis then that could mean that the child is retaining that mercury and therefore not releasing it and that certainly can be true. The other possibility is that nothing is showing up in the hair test because there really hasn’t been significant exposure. So you kind of have to think about these things and not automatically think that just because a metal is low in the hair that automatically means that their body is not getting rid of it. It can be a situation where they just didn’t have significant exposure.
The area on the hair analysis called the essential minerals does show some patterns that can be indicative of mineral transport problems that are correlated to heavy metal toxicity. I actually have a section on my website, my membership site at www.autismactionplan.com that specifically goes through how to analyze a hair analysis with respects to the essential minerals section to determine if there a high probability of heavy metal toxicity and mineral transport problems. It is an in-depth process to do that. So again, real quickly, a hair analysis is a good screening tool to get an idea of the potential for heavy metal exposure and the potential for heavy metal toxicity. On an initial workup for autism treatment, I will generally do the hair analysis along with what’s called a porphyrin analysis to really help bring together the full picture if we are really dealing with a significant problem with heavy metals. And I am going to talk about porphyrin analysis in the next video.
- Autism Treatment
- Autism Recovery – Clostridia Difficile and Clostridia Bacteria Toxicity in Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism