What is a biomedical approach to Autism? The majority of individuals on the Autism Spectrum whether it is a child, teenager or adult are dealing with some underlying medical conditions. These conditions can range from digestion problems, hormone imbalances, metabolic problems, biochemical imbalances, food sensitivities, heavy metal toxicity or a combination of those things. What we do as physicians is run various medical, diagnostic tests that you may be able to get from a regular lab. We are looking at things like complete blood count, iron levels, thyroid problems, and cholesterol levels. But many times we do need to use specialized tests to look at immune function, heavy metal toxicity, genetic imbalances, biochemical imbalances, etc. When we put all of that information together and implement various therapies, many times individuals respond tremendously. We see better eye contact, better focusing, better behavior, more ability to learn and comprehend and the ability to become more environmentally aware. And for some individuals they can lose their Autism diagnosis and move off of the spectrum. Other kids may just improve overall but they still may fall somewhere on the spectrum but there are more integrated with their family, happier and more aware. Children on a biomedical treatment plan for Autism can learn, integrate and socialize better. The biomedical approach to Autism is very comprehensive, it is not just one thing but a combination of things. Learn more about the biomedical approach to Autism and understand that it is a comprehensive medical system. The things we do like testing and treatments are rooted in science have been clinically studied as well as has been studied through research facilities. There is a tremendous amount of hope and healing that can happen for your child. There are many biomedical treatments and assessments that can help your child on their path to recovery from Autism.
- Autism Treatment
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Additional Blood Testing Markers and Autism