The summer is upon us, we are now heading into June and July, etc. One of the things that is going to be happening, depending where you are, is that the days are getting longer. So there is going to be a natural tendency for your children to stay up longer because it is going to stay lighter longer, so it is just not going to get dark. So expect with that there can be some behavioral changes that occur. Your child may have a certain routine where they like to go to bed at a certain time whether that is 7:30 pm, 8:00 pm, 8:30 pm, maybe you have on the other end of the spectrum where you have a hard time getting your kid to sleep. One of the things I have seen is that kids when the clock either changes from daylight savings time and back or there is a natural increase in the light so the sunlight is staying out longer, it is staying lighter longer, kids have a natural tendency to want to stay up later. But that can create some problems behaviorally too.
Just remember sometimes it is simple changes in the environment that can impact a child on the spectrum behaviorally whether it is irritability, whether it is hyperactivity, whether it is aggressive behavior, whether it is tantruming, etc. You try to keep your child on a routine and it is now staying lighter longer, you may need to get some sort of dark out shades for their room or just allow for that natural tendency to stay up a little bit longer. As I have mentioned before, biomedicine is a very unique form of a medical approach to Autism but it is not always about a diet, a medication or a supplement. Sometimes it is lifestyle changes, changes in the environment that can make a world of difference. Just noticing and recognizing that those things can happen and many times can transition from one yearly cycle to the next.
- Autism Treatment
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Additional Blood Testing Markers and Autism