There are a number of dietary interventions that are helpful for individuals on the autism-spectrum. These include the gluten and casein-free diet (GF/CF), the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), Low Oxalate Diet (LOD), Feingold, GAPS, and anti-candida. Deciding on which Autism Treatment diet is right for your child can be confusing. How do you know where to start? Which Autism Treatment protocol do I do? Which one is best? All of these are common questions, but sometimes difficult to answer. In my experience there, is no one diet that is right for every person – certainly not every autism-spectrum child. One size does not fit all. It is true that in the context of eating, the elimination of toxic foods such as processed grains, high fructose corn syrup, and trans fats is critical, and in doing so will go a long way in improving the health of your child. Let’s take a glance at one diet – The Body Ecology – as an Autism Treatment option.
Yeast is a major problem in autism. The biotoxins from yeast contribute to cognitive, behavioral and language difficulties. Working to reduce or eliminate yeast toxins is an important consideration for any person on the autism-spectrum. Autism Treatment programs such as the Body Ecology Diet help in attacking chronic yeast problems. Here is an overview of the Body Ecology Diet:
* Anti-candida diet by eliminating all fruits other than lemons, limes, dried cranberries, and black currant seed juice.
* Cultured vegetables which aide in proper digestion, normalizing intestinal beneficial bacteria levels and acid-alkaline balance.
* Using various kefir products which are a good source of protein.
* Using a wide variety of protein meats, vegetables, and certain non-gluten (gliadin) grains (quinoa, amaranth, millet and buckwheat).
* Vegetable juices for increased nutrient bioavailability.
* Proper food combining to reduce digestive problems such as bloating, gas, and yeast overgrowth, etc.
The benefits derived from the Body Ecology program are a reduction in yeast overgrowth (and other opportunistic intestinal “gut bugs” such as bacteria and parasites), reduced exposure to harmful sugars, proper digestion, stronger immune function and less food allergies.
The Body Ecology Diet is a good example of how a more whole food diet (with the incorporation of fresh fruits and vegetables, organic meats, and healthy grains), and the elimination of fast foods can have wide-sweeping positive effects on your child’s health by reducing many of the artificial food ingredients, sugars and toxic fats that plague so much of the typical American diet.
- Autism Treatment
- Autism Recovery – Clostridia Difficile and Clostridia Bacteria Toxicity in Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism